Today we’re taking a look at one of my favorite chakras – our Solar Plexus Chakra, also known as the Manipura Chakra – our third chakra. In Sanskrit chakra means “wheel”. In spiritual discussions, the word chakra refers to the energy centers that are located throughout our body, swirling like wheels, vibrating with Prana, energy life force.
We have 7 main chakras, located along the spine, beginning at the base of the spine and going up to the crown of our head. Our chakras correspond to the physical – our nerves, the psychological – our feelings, the emotional – our reactions – and the spiritual – our state of well-being. The energy is ever flowing between the chakras and it is extremely important for the chakras to be open, radiant and balanced. If a blockage occurs, it interrupts with the entire energy system in the body and we risk getting sick, stressed, tired, or depressed. For more information about our chakras, please check out my earlier post on Chakra Balancing!
Solar Plexus Chakra – Manipura
The solar plexus chakra is located just above the navel, and vibrates like a yellow sun. The element of the solar plexus chakra is fire. This is our personal power center, where we feel worthy and confident, and believing in ourselves!
If you’re feeling powerless, have low self-esteem, feel controlled, stressed, and have difficulties making decisions this chakra is out of balance. When you feel self-confident, and have a sense of purpose and direction on the other hand the solar plexus chakra is open and healthy.
In order to heal, balance and align our chakras – and help charge them if they are dull and closed, I recommend using a combination on the tips below. Healing is a wonderful boost, but at some point, you will also need to fix your thinking pattern – as chances are you will otherwise attract similar situations over and over. The best way to feel self-confident and worthy is to do some self-work!
How to emotionally step into your power, and feel your worth!
- Always set clear intentions, and honor your goals and desires
- If you’re not sure what you want, put your hand on your solar plexus and see how you feel when you give yourself different options.
- The element of the Manipura is fire, and that is exactly what you need for your inner drive. You need inner fire to propel you to go forward toward your goals!
- Whether you’re suffering from a sense of powerlessness, feel helpless, or have low self-confidence, it all comes down to the same core issue of:
- NOT FEELING WORTHY, GIVING AWAY YOUR POWER, AND NOT ACCEPTING YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE!!!
- When we don’t feel worthy, we have lost our belief in ourselves, we don’t feel connected within, we feel uncomfortable about who we are, and we often suffer from anxiety.
- With regards to anxiety, remember that anxiety is a call for help: Anxiety is never your enemy – it comes to show you that there is a part within you that is feeling powerless and helpless – and most likely because you are seeking outside acceptance, instead of embracing yourself with love, compassion and understanding.
- When we’re not feeling worthy, we give away our power to the outer environment, to other people, or to situations we can’t control.
- As a consequence we feel even more controlled and judged by our environment, which results in even more anxiety, helplessness, and low self-confidence.
How dreamwork can help us accept and believe in ourselves:
In order for us to have compassion for ourselves, we first need to know and understand who we are, and this is how dreamwork comes into place.
- Dreams help us see ourselves from a higher perspective, and bring about hidden aspects of ourselves to the surface.
- Dreams help us untangle emotional webs of behavioral patterns we may not even be aware of being trapped in, and if we’re feeling anxious, sad or depressed – they can also help us understand what the underlying core issue is: What are we scared of? Are we perhaps not living to our full potential, or not speaking our truth? Or are we not honest with ourselves?
- Listening to our dreams can bring about tremendous insights. The best type of dream dictionary is actually one that you write yourself! Your dreams communicate in a symbolic language – that is born out of your own unconscious. People, objects, and events are never portrayed just by chance – they have been chosen for a particular reason – to help communicate a message to your conscious self, so that you can integrate these insights and become even more whole, and complete, accept yourself for who you are, so that you can fully be there for yourself and others.
- Being stuck, or unable to move in a dream is a very symbolic experience, and these types of dreams often seem to come about at times in our lives when we wish a situation was different in some ways, but for some reason feel powerless and not sure how to move forward. We have lost our sense of direction. If you’re dreaming of being stuck, perhaps you’re in a situation right now where you feel cornered, or where you may have tried to change a living situation without success. These types of dreams could also indicate that there is fear in our lives. As with all dreams, it is always important to be honest with ourselves, and accept where we may feel stuck in our daily lives. Perhaps you have been living in denial, and the dream is helping you reach more awareness and understanding.
- Also ask yourself what you can do to reclaim your power? We can never be in full control of any situation in life, but we can live in alignment with our heart and soul, where we honor ourselves, including our own spiritual power.
- If there is nothing you can think of to change a situation at this point in time, remember if is not the event itself that determines our experience of it, but rather how we perceive it. It is possible to develop a new attitude!
By enhancing our awareness about ourselves we are in a position to better understand ourselves, and this is how we ultimately develop more compassion for ourselves, step into our power, believe in ourselves, knowing we are worthy, and step into our own power.
The beautiful prayer The Serenity Prayer so elegantly shows us the power of observing our life situations, and I think that is one of the most important steps we can take on the path of soul growth.
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.”
Sound Mantras and Visualizations
While you’re doing self work through dreams and reflection, now is a wonderful time to meditate and do some healing as well! The sound for the third chakra is RAM. I recommend chanting this sound for at least a few minutes, while visualizing a yellow vortex opening up – spinning beautifully and powerfully, radiating and shining like a sun. This exercise will help open and align your solar plexus chakra with the rest of your energy centers.
Yoga poses are wondrous for the opening of our chakras, and really help enhance the flow in our bodies, and can also help clear out blockages. It is a magnificent feeling visualizing the energy center opening as a swirling wheel, vibrating with the color frequency of that particular chakra while also doing associated poses. With the Solar Plexus chakra, any yoga pose that brings heat to this area of the body is great, such as the warrior, sitting spinal twist, and boat pose.
Reiki Healing and Crystals
As a Reiki Master, when I offer chakra balancing sessions, I first place crystals corresponding with different chakras, and help open the chakra using my hand in a clockwise or anti clockwise direction (depending on the direction of the chakra). I then through each chakra and visualize sparkling white light entering each energy center, while also channeling Reiki energy.
For the solar plexus chakra, my favorite go to crystal is Citrine!
You are Powerful, and You are Worthy!!!
Love and Gratitude,
Anna-Karin Bjorklund is a writer and inspirational speaker, and the author of Dream Guidance: Interpret Your Dreams and Create the Life You Desire! She loves sharing her passion for dreams and soul growth with audiences near and far, and has made expert appearances on Fox & Friends, and the Steve Harvey TV Show on NBC, and been interviewed by Money Magazine, Daily Worth, Marie Claire UK and other media outlets.