I look at this picture of you at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. One of the many luxurious hotels you glitz around in. You are so young, only 30 years old, and yet you have lived in so many countries, and are already such a world traveler. A jet setter and globe trotter, you sure know how to live an exuberant life!
You are always on the go, and what fantastic locations! You’re in New York almost a week every month! You mingle with dynamic people, high executives and key stakeholders, and most of the time you’re staying somewhere fancy like the Waldorf, the Peninsula, or the Plaza Hotel. If you’re not in New York, you’re probably on a plane somewhere, on your way to San Francisco, Miami, Hong Kong or Singapore! Unless of course, you’re back at your cute harbor front apartment in Newport Beach.
I look at your soft face, sparkling eyes, and angelic hair. You look so confident and happy. You have it all. Yet, I know. I know how you really feel.
Behind that dazzling smile, is a little girl who feels lost, lonely, unworthy, not included, and insecure.
You just don’t know it yet, and that’s all right.
You think this is what life is supposed to feel like.
- You think relationships are supposed to be hard, and no matter how sad you feel, you have come to accept that it’s fine that your boyfriend is not ready to tell you he loves you, despite having dated him for over a year.
- You think it’s okay to not feel at home anywhere. After all, you’re traveling most of the time anyway. You actually think it’s exciting to spend most of your time traveling, rather than building a real home somewhere.
- You’re always on the move. If you have a weekend to yourself, without any plans, you may just take off to London for a few days, instead of taking some time to just be.
As I look into your eyes, I say,
- It’s okay to set high standards for yourself!
- Never stay in a relationship with a man who does not love and cherish you. You are never more alone than when you’re in a relationship with a man who doesn’t care about you.
- It is better to put your foot down and speak your truth than to close down and pretend you’re not feeling hurt.
- You are so loved.
- You are beautiful from the inside out.
- You are worthy of being you.
- You don’t know it yet, but right now you are feeling disconnected from yourself, and you keep seeking a sense of belonging outside of yourself.
- You have so much anxiety. You will soon realize that your anxiety comes from giving away your power to people around you, and then being fearful because you have lost your power and now feel controlled by others.
- You seek acceptance and validation outside yourself, because you’re not yet feeling worthy of being connected with yourself, loving and believing in yourself.
- You have moved around so much, and you don’t know where you belong. That’s okay. One day you will know that the only real home you will ever have is within yourself.
- It will take some years for you to truly get to know yourself, but those years are going to be the most rewarding of your life! This is when you will find home.
- When you travel back to California tomorrow, and step inside your home, take a little break, and just listen to the stillness within you, and feel your energy.
- This is the beginning of your journey home.
- You will soon connect with your heart, understand yourself with compassion, and love yourself for who you are.
- You are loved beyond words!
I hear you ask me, “Who are you?”
I smile as I tell you:
I am an older version of your soul
I am your awareness
I am always here, always have been, and always will be
I’m the dream that guides you,
I’m the hug that loves you
I’m the light within you
I’m the golden light around you,
If you ever feel scared,
Close your eyes, and trust,
I am always here
Love & Gratitude,
Anna-Karin Bjorklund is a writer and dream expert based in Newport Beach, California. An intrepid world traveler, she has lived in five countries and loves exploring different cultures and connecting with people. Her latest book, The Dream Alchemist: A woman’s search for love, bliss and freedom across India, time and dreams, is a memoir based on a spiritual journey to India and the philosophical remnants of stepping into her power and finding the path of self-love. She is also the author of Dream Guidance: Interpret Your Dreams and Create the Life You Desire! Anna-Karin loves sharing her passion for dreams and personal growth with audiences near and far, and has made expert appearances on Fox & Friends, and the Steve Harvey TV Show on NBC, and been interviewed by Orange Coast Magazine, Women’s Running Magazine, Money Magazine, Daily Worth, Marie Claire UK and other media outlets.